Sunday, February 6, 2011

YISCOM Update 1: Fancington (Jan-Feb)

YIS XCOM (Genius Difficulty):

Our team is obvious born and raised in West Philly and has established their secret base beneath the tomb of Benjamin Franklin.  Thanks to the fancy updated Xcom program from Strabo, our bases are much more defensible with a single chokepoint, and had alien containment and a decent staffing of personnel.

*First UFO - early Jan:
Very Small.  Outran my intercepter

*First UFO - early Jan:
Shot down one of the square shaped sectoid UFOs in farm land.  Easy day, no casualties.

*Second UFO - mid Jan:
*Shot down one of the plus shaped sectioid UFOs.  Captured some live aliens and took minimal casualties.  This is easy and we got good shit to research now.

*First Terror mission, early Feb - Casablanca
Floaters.  Lost 4 guys, partially because rookies love shooting their buddies at point blank range in the head when shooting at floaters.

*Second Terror mission late Feb - Bombay
I definitely feared I'd get this before my turn was up.  Sectoids with their fucking psionics and cyberdisks.  One of my guys got mind controlled and killed two others.  I put his ass down.  5 fucking cyberdisks too.  At the end I had a single girl left with 3 critical wounds and 2 hitpoints left.  Jesus.  LOL 11 points from the whole damn thing.


Summary:  I think despite the massive casualties this is a good start.  India is a little pissy but it's because we have no coverage over there.  With decent plasma and initial armor tech, 1.8M in the bank, and decent staffing, I think Strabo is set up for success.

-OMF

No comments:

Post a Comment